Sex and Shopping in Siam (now Bangkok)
Sex and shopping – this in general defines a trip to Bangkok for most. For male tourists seeking an outlet of their sexual fantasies, Bangkok is like a heaven on earth. Starting from the Booboo bars and pole dance girls of Pattaya to the paradise of many sensual massages in Bangkok, you can find everything you fancy in Thailand. This was about the male fantasies and possibilities for a male sex tourist.
You must be thinking now, why should female tourists go there at all! Well, while your male counterpart enjoys his day out in the sin city, you can fulfill your girlie desires in the form of shopping, styling and pampering in the exotic spas. Bangkok is a shopper’s heaven too! Starting from MBK Center to the massive Terminal 21 to the cute little floating market, you can explore, try out and shop till you literally drop. What more exciting are the amazing foot reflexology outlets inside shopping malls? Once your feet give up and you need to stop the shop hopping, just drop your bags by the side of those lazy boy chairs and put your feet up. They will be attended to so well that you would be completely rejuvenate for round two of shopping.
While enjoying these pleasures of life, your stomach may also seek some attention. Try something new. Cuisines of the entire world are available in Thailand. Just walk around wherever you are in Thailand and you are bound to find a restaurant of your preferred cuisine. Read the five must try food of Thailand.
A few pointers to brace yourself for the Thailand trip.
- Keep enough time in hand while commuting, especially to and from the airport. Thailand gets bad traffic jams everywhere and every day.
- Be safe while visiting massage parlours. STDs may easily spread if you are not careful.
- Bargain, bargain, bargain.
- Pick up some unique products for home decor. They are cheap and classy.
- A good place to buy sex toys.
- Go to the Patpong Night Market for some good stuff. You may start your bargain with half of the price the sellers quote first.
- Must carry a good sun tan lotion and umbrella.
- Keep drinking water frequently to keep yourself hydrated.
- Bargain even while hiring a tuktuk.
Must visit weekend destinations from Bangkok:
- Pattaya – While in Pattaya, do take a walk on the Walking Street and you would know why I recommended it. Do not forget to take a boat ride to the Coral Island nearby. It’s a fun place to spend the day.
- Koh Samui – If you want to get away from it all and take it easy, just hop in on a flight to Koh Samui and laze by the many unspoilt beaches.
- Phuket – Very touristy but fun.
Now, what if you are not interested in either sex tourism or in shopping? What do you do in Thailand?
There are plenty of things you can do. For the adventure seekers, there are a plethora of adventure sport options in almost all the major tourist spots in and around Thailand.
If you are seeking something different, visit the historical places and breath-taking Buddha temples. Do visit the king’s palace in the heart of Bangkok city. Whether you like shopping or not, you must visit the Floating Market situated at a distance of two hours’ drive from Bangkok. Do note the many large salt fields on both sides of the road.