What is so special about September 9, 2009?
My straight answer to this question would be “I don’t know”. But I am excited about this day simply because, such combinations of numbers rarely happen. I feel lucky to witness this date. Hence I have lots of plan for this day, i.e., today, September 9, 2009.
After seeing my mother on the hospital bed, I have decided many things for myself. I think this day would be the right day to start on those to dos. Sharing some here:
- I have realized that modern sedentary living is taking a toll on our health. Though we all know that “health is the real wealth”, most of us ignore it big time. I am not going to ignore my health anymore. I am including a few more yoga sessions and going to follow a healthy diet hereon.
- For work or negligence, I have been out of touch with a lot of family members. I have lost my aunt this year and it came as a huge blow to me. I loved her, but I never showed it to her and never took any effort to go and meet her. I took her for granted. I miss her and my guilt is killing me. I will not ignore anyone like that ever.
- Starting today, I promise to myself that I will moisturize and use night cream. Promise.
- There are more to my plans. But just want to get started with it. Wish me luck.
Now for the significances:
Well, according to Chinese belief, number 9 is a very auspicious number. I am a number 3 person myself. Hence, according to Vedic numerology, 9 should be a lucky number for me as well. Some of the other significances of this day are:
- This is the 252nd day of the year, 252 adds to 9, and 09-09-09 = 27, 2+7=9.
- 09-09-09 is also the last of the single-digits dates for quite a while – 92 years to be precise.
- It is also the upside-down number of “the beast” – Satan = 666, of course.
- The day falls on a Wednesday and both Wednesday & September have 9 letters.
- On September 9, 2009, after a nearly 22-year wait, digitally re-mastered versions of all of the Beatles studio albums will be released
Here are some of the links that would explain the significance of the day a little more